We Are So Excited You Are Thinking of Opening Your Business in Vernon!
Some key facts about Vernon
- It is home to roughly 25,000 people
- It is in the northeast corner of Sussex County, flanked by Wantage Township, Hardyston Township, and West Milford in neighboring Passaic County
- It shares its northern border with New York state and the popular NY town, Warwick
- More than 40% of Vernon’s 70 square miles is preserved open space and the township is criss-crossed by both federal and state parks as well as a 20-mile stretch of the Appalachian Trail
- Communities within the township include Glenwood, Highland Lakes, McAfee, Vernon Valley, Barry Lakes and Lake Wallkill
Vernon thrives as a year-round destination for outdoor enthusiasts. The convergence of skiers and snowboarders during the winter months gives way to hikers, golfers, mountain bikers, kayakers, campers, picnickers in the spring, summer, and fall months.