Agenda: September 22, 2011*
Township Council Special Meeting
Time: 6:30 p.m.
- Call to Order
- Statement: Adequate notice of this meeting had been provided to the public and the press on September 18, 2011 and was posted on the bulletin board in the Municipal Building in accordance with the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. 10:4-6.
The purpose of the Special Meeting will be: to review the Administrative Code; to amend Resolution #11-164 on Canistear Road; to consider a resolution dealing with an emergency situation pertaining to public health and safety as a result of Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee; and any other related emergent matters. Official action may be taken.
- Roll Call
- Salute to the Flag
- Public Comments
- Resolutions Requiring Action
- Resolution #11-176: Resolution to Amend Resolution #11-164: Authorizing the Use of the Morris County Co-Op for Proposed Improvements to Canistear Road Phase I
- Resolution #11-177: Resolution re: Emergency Situation Pertaining to Public Health and Safety as a Result of Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee and Authorizing the Award of Contracts for the Required Materials and Services without Public Bidding in Accordance with N.J.S.A. 40A:11-6 and N.J.S.A. 40A:4-46
- Items for Discussion
- Ordinance #11-21: An ordinance of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex, State of New Jersey, amending the code of the Township of Vernon: supplementing Chapter 1 “General Provisions”; replacing Chapter 5 “Administration of Township Government”; changing the municipal election from May to November each year; supplementing Chapter 500 regarding roads; replacing Chapter 413 regarding parks and recreation; supplementing Chapter 89 regarding retirement benefits; and deleting Chapter 244