The regular meeting was called to order at 7:35 p.m. by Mary Bradley.
Board Members in Attendance
Board members Melissa Wiedbrauk, Mary Ellen Vichiconti and Don Sledgeski were excused.
Floral arrangement to be held on December 10, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Senior Center.
- Now to be called Blizzard Blast will be held on Main St., on Saturday, February 18 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Scaled back version for first year.
- Need to meet with Police Chief Roy Wherry.
- Economic Development Committee and Chamber of Commerce, and Youth Council would also like to be involved.
Tree lighting on December 7th will be in lieu of meeting. Next meeting January 4, 2012.
Discussion of Highland Lakes Fire Department hosting a teen night once a month.
Discussion of inviting teens to a January meeting to discuss interests.
Recreation Director Report
- Will have volunteers to play Santa, Mrs. Claus and Frosty.
- There will be 15-17 youth volunteers from the PAL and Kathy Belli from GMMS will oversee youth volunteers.
- One craft will be provided by PAL.
- Christmas card signing for retired firemen’s home.
- Tentative date of Saturday, February 18. Bring in vendors, work with Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Advisory Committee, PAL. Possibly have demos for snowboarding, snowshoeing, cross country skiing. Talk to sports organizations about holding registrations at same time.
- Location possibly at the PAL, Church Street or Main Street.
- Frank Annunziata also working with councilman Brian Lynch to set-up a frozen pond rescue demonstration.
Meeting adjourned at 9:15 p.m.