The regular meeting was called to order at 7:34 p.m. by Mary Bradley.
Board Members in Attendance
Mary Ellen Vichiconti
Dan Storey, Chico and his wife.
First weekend in June. Need approval for June 3, 2012. 5K race again?
Last year we did laser tag on 7/1 [bug issue]. Will discuss next July’s plan.
Holiday Tree Lighting
Scheduled on a calendar that went to town as Wednesday, December 5, 2011. PAL and Chamber of Commerce. Need to discuss date. Missi already got Mr. and Mrs. Claus to commit. Frosty the Snowman will attend.
New Suggestions for Events/Changes
Involve Dan Storey. Once a month? Bring in classic cars and market the event to families. Get dealerships and the Wanderers Car Club involved. Live music or DJ. Traffic control? Frank is going to get this event going.
Snowboarders/skiers—have vendors sell items and food. Weekend event. Ice sculpture? Snow man making contest? Cross country ski at Maple Grange. Advertise and promote some kind of Jazz Night for adults. Mentioned that Presidents Day weekends are busiest at the resorts.
Expo with sports teams to swap equipment. Pay admission and teams can work the tables.
Find flat parcel of town owned land for flea market. Sell table space to vendors and food vendors.
Discussion from Members
- Look into 501c fundraisers for Rec. Board.
- Invite Jason Haw and the high school cop to the next meeting?
- Sept. - June recruit a teen member to the Board of Recreation [high school credit?].
- Teens need an indoor/outdoor area to hang out in.
- Need a community recreation center.
- Bike trail: revitalize.
- Get signs at flats—no dogs allowed.
- Check on ordinance improvement 1. Need conflict resolution 2. Coaches need background checks.
Meeting adjourned at 9:10 p.m.