Introduced: May 13, 2010
Public Hearing: June 24, 2010
An ordinance granting municipal historic designation to the High Breeze Farm and property known as Block 42 Lot 12 and Block 43 Lot 4, in the Township of Vernon
WHEREAS, the National Register of Historic Places has registered the High Breeze Farm, 177-224 Barrett Road, Block 42 Lot 12 and Block 43 Lot 4, as a Historic Landmark; and
WHEREAS, the Vernon Township Historic Preservation Commission (“HPC”) has studied the property known as Block 42 Lot 12 and Block 43 Lot 4, for inclusion in the Historic Element of the Master Plan pursuant to the Vernon Township Administrative Code § 330-148 et seq, and has recommended the property to the Vernon Township Land Use Board for designation as an Historic Landmark; and
WHEREAS, the Land Use Board considered the application filed by the HPC., Block 42 Lot 12 and Block 43 Lot 4, High Breeze Farm, for designation as a Historic Landmark at its regular meeting held on March 24, 2010; and
WHEREAS, the Land Use Board approved of the designation of said property as a Historic Landmark on March 24 2010, said approval requiring the Historic Element of the Master Plan to be updated so as to include this property on the list of Historic landmarks.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED by the Township Council of the Township of Vernon, County of Sussex and State of New Jersey as follows:
- High Breeze Farm, Block 42 Lot 12 and Block 43 Lot 4 is hereby granted Municipal Historic Designation.
- The Historic Element of the Master Plan shall be updated so as to include said property on the list of Historic Landmarks.
- A copy of this Ordinance shall be served upon the owners of the properties by certified mail return receipt requested and regular mail after the first reading and prior to final adoption by the Municipal Clerk.
- The Township Clerk is hereby directed to give notice at least ten days prior to the adoption of this Ordinance to the County Planning Board and to all other persons entitled thereto pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:55D-15 and N.J.S.A. 40:55D-63 (if required). Upon the adoption of this ordinance after public hearing thereon, the Township Clerk is further directed to publish notice of the passage thereof and to file a copy of the Ordinance as finally adopted with the Sussex County Planning Board as required by N.J.S.A. 40:55D-16. The Clerk shall also forthwith transmit a copy of this Ordinance after final passage to the Township Tax Assessor as required by N.J.S.A. 40:49-2.1.
- All ordinances or parts of ordinances or resolutions that are in conflict with the provisions of this Ordinance are repealed to the extent necessary.
- If any article, section, subsection, term or condition of this Ordinance is declared invalid or illegal for any reason, the balance of the Ordinance shall be deemed severable and shall remain in full force and effect.
- This Ordinance shall take effect after publication and passage according to law.